Wednesday 4 January 2012

GTP - Perhaps I Will Become and Elite Warrior or .. e-Warrior

Countless hours of training (gaming) can help hone my killer instinct. Now I just need a controller shaped like a gun.


...game transfer phenomenon 


Choice quotes


 "I had made that emergency steering movement, after all. I had done so countless times before, but on those occasions the wheel in my hands had been a white plastic controller. I had been saved by Mario Kart."

"The brief reality excursions that characterise GTP, by contrast, take place in broad daylight in the middle of other activities. "Some instances of GTP are closer to synaesthesia," she says, in which two or more senses are involuntarily and automatically scrambled."

"One thing is for sure: we are spending an increasing amount of time in a digital space, the rules of which don't entirely mirror those of reality, so Ortiz de Gortari expects more of the virtual world to leak into the real one."

No comments:

Post a Comment