Wednesday 19 October 2011

Evernote...

Well I'm not as thrilled about this digital method as I have been about some of the past ones. I think it's probably because I destest organization. That must be it.

I have however used it to clip some web pages and I may continue to do so. Only time will tell. I mean as far as that goes bookmarks in my browser have served me well in the past. And as far as leaving notes for myself... well when I do use notes I'm apt to forget that I've created a note in the first place. And if I forget that I've made the note ... well generally by the time it comes up again it's become obsolete.

I understand how this might be a useful tool for those of us with a more organized life but it simply doesn't jive well with how I run the show.

Although my organizational skills are something I have intended to work on. Perhaps I'll give evernote a shot and see if it can do anything for me in this regard...though I am pretty set in my ways. Getting so old. Evernote certainly hasn't had that 'WOW THIS IS FKIN AWESOME!!!!@!#@#@' impact on me that some of the other digital methods have had. It might also be because I don't have a smart phone so I can not always be connected to Evernote.

Post Seminar....

Well Professor Kee telling us that this is one of his top drawer tools certainly got me rethinking the whole thing. Perhaps I will attempt to use it on a regular basis. I'm sure that once I've accustomized myself to it I will be singing a different tune.

I can see how it is useful to just jot down a note to refer to later, in the interests of not inturrupting flow. But it seems that this is a tool more suited to people who are always connected. This for me is not the case. Nevertheless I will make an attempt to make this tool work for me! Beyond the clipping, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment