Monday 14 November 2011

Dragon dictate.

I've downloaded the program and have spent a little bit of time speaking to it in order to train it up. Turns out that it doesn't like to listen. After spending about half an hour reading to it it decided that it didn't want to remember. So I had to retrain it with far less enthusiasm.

While I havent fully explored all the program has to offer I have used it the only capacity I probably will in the future. I used the program to take notes for me. Instead of writing out the bits of text I've highlighted I can just read outloud while continuing on. This is awesome as it doesn't interfere with my flow of concentration. I doubt that I will use the program for anything serious as it is prone to making mistakes and completely misinterpreting me.

At least with note taking it can take down the jist of what I'm saying and I don't have to worry too much about the editing process.

I have found, though, that it has the ability to make me rage. I can't help but get frustrated with my dragon when it doesn't listen and repeating myself doesn't help. Hopefully with more training it will be better at listening to what I have to say and will be less inclined to do its own thing.

Overall this will be a useful program for me in the future, if only in a limited capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment