Friday 18 November 2011

I will NOT support discrimination!

What didn't work for me...

Well ... the short answer is anything for Mac. For obvious reasons I can't rally behind any of these tools. Personally I think, and I'm sure Robert will agree, that they are too limited in their scope. Discriminatory in their very nature. And elitist. I can never endorse such discrimination.

Personally I dont think I'm missing out too much on DevonThink. As I've mentioned in previous blog posts I'm not the most organized person, I've adjusted to the chaos that is my work space. And to be perfectly honest I think that organizing and keeping my work organized would just end up creating more work for me in the long run. It might not be pretty but I get things done. Being able to cross reference all my work would no doubt be neat but it's not essential for what I do... in fact it might just end up being a distraction for me! So DevonThink Im sorry to say that you and I weren't meant to be!

As for methods outside the Mac exclusive ones that I most likely won't be utilising... well wordle and Ngrams are fun... but I don't see myself using them for any serious purpose. But aside from that I'm sure in my professional career I will be using many of the tools, methods and general conceptions that I have been introduced to (ever so briefly) this semester. My only regret is that digital experience has to be cut short so soon! I'm sure I could have been converted with regards to some of the methods I didn't take to initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment