Sunday 25 September 2011

So, I have an extremely long way to go.

Well my previous post I did using HTML. I didn't use any of the shortcuts provided by the blog. I can tell you it would have been much more pleasant and taken me about a third of the time if I had. But at least I can say I've done it now, right? <strong>RIGHT?</strong> It might even be fun to play with once I become a little more well versed with it!

But for now I'll be damned if it doesn't make my eyes feel like they're going to bleed out of my skull and my brain feel like it's spent some time in the boxing ring. 

I would imagine I'm going to try to mess around with HTML in my regular travels throughout the internet now. Probably just making things bold or italicized to start. Just until I get a feel for where I can and can't get away with things.

As for the tutorials themselves the HTML Dog site was particularly useful as it was quite straightforward and user friendly for someone with no HTML experience.

The one tutorial was telling me to save a text file as an HTML file and to open it in my browser. That didn't work at all and was quite frustrating. I'll have to look into why that was. I WAS saving it as an HTML file, so that wasn't the problem...just to preempt those of you who might be inclined to think that. Let's just say I know to check the plug before I press power. :\

In the future I'll try to compose more of my posts using the HTML function just to practice... and make my life a little more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment