Wednesday 21 September 2011

What the Haig?!

After presenting my MRP topic, or rather my area of particular interest, I am no closer to solidification. I am however still sure that I want to focus on the character of Sir Douglas Haig and what that meant for his role within the military. I believe that the key to making sense of the contentious 'Haig' question lies within a study of his character and psychological traits. At the same time, the society and military culture of his time are equally important aspects as they would have deemed whether the traits he possessed were desireable in a military leader or not.

The topic is broad. Daunting even. There are still many possible areas for me to explore within my area of interest. However, I plan feed off Dave's love of all things military in the coming months and I think perhaps that might help me solidify the direction in which I want to travel for my MRP.

I also believe that some of the digital methods we will be exploring throughout this term will aid me a great deal in organizing my chaotic thoughts. From this I hope that I will be able to pull out particularly important themes and weed out some of the less essential aspects relating to my topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment